- Cooked Millets – 1 cup
- Nuts/Seeds – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with some baking paper and set aside.
- Toss the cooked and cooled millets, nuts or seeds of your choice (I used Pecans) and sugar into a food processor and blitz.
- Add the butter and blitz again till evenly combined.
- Scoop up a heaped tablespoon of the mix and roll it into a ball. Gently flatten the ball and place on the prepared tray. Place each ball about 2 inches apart.
- Since there is ABSOLUTELY no gluten, this dish entirely relies on the caramelising of the sugar to keep the Florentines together. Leave the Florentines in the oven for 20-25 mins, checking on it every five mins. The mixture will start to flatten and bubble all the way to the centre of each ball.
- Continue cooking until the edges are a really dark shade of brown and the middle is a deep caramelised colour. Remove from oven and set aside for 15 mins till the sugar sets the cookies. Once done, store in an airtight container for upto two weeks (that is if they last that long).