Figs and Nut Bars
- 2 whole Lime/lemon
- 1 whole cucumber (approx. – 200 gms)
- Fistful of fresh Moringa leaves
- 400 ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 4-6 tbsp of Sugar to taste
- Cut the top bit and bottom bit and taste to make sure the cucumber is not bitter. As the heat rises, the chances of getting bitter cucumbers increase. Once checked, roughly chop the cucumber, with the skin on, and put in blender. Add the juice of the lemon, moringa, salt and 2 tbsps of sugar. Give it a blitz until it turns into a fine mash. Add about half of the water and blitz again.
- Strain the liquid. It should have a really vibrant green color. Dilute with the remaining water and add more sugar as required. Serve immediately or chill in bottles and keep in fridge for up to 48 hours.
If serving for adults, a dash of ginger is a great addition to this drink.