Figs and Nut Bars
- 150 gms Figs
- 25 gms Walnuts
- 25 gms Almonds
- 50 gms Whole Wheat Flour
- 50 gms Jaggery
- 50 gms Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil
- Roast walnuts and almonds on a pan for 5-7 minutes, until toasted and light brown. Remove and cool slightly.
- Toss the figs, roasted nuts, whole wheat flour and jaggery in a food processor and blitz till you get a coarse consistency.
- Add oil and blitz briefly. The mixture will still appear dry but will come together when pressed by hand. Roll into a ball and chill in fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a tray with a silpat mat or baking paper. Remove the mixture from fridge and start to press it down on the tray. Use your fingers of a rolling pin and press down firmly enough to continually bind and flatten the mix. You can also spread a second baking paper on top and use a rolling pin to evenly spread the mix as thin as possible.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Since there’s very little gluten or binding in this bar, it relies on the hardening of the caramelized sugar to hold it together. Once removed from the oven, run a pizza cutter or knife to get your desired size and shape. Leave to cool and set and store in an airtight box for up to a week.