- by Kavitha Mantha
- March 17, 2020
- Navarra Red Rice Flakes – 100 gms
- Peanuts – 50 gms
- Walnuts* – 50 gms
- Cacao powder – 20 gms
- Unrefined Sugar** – 50 gms
*If you are not a big fan of walnuts, use almonds instead
** Can be replaced by jaggery
- Dry roast the rice flakes, peanuts and walnuts, separately, on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Toss peanuts and walnut into a food processor with the sugar and give is a quick whiz till its broken but not powdered.
- Put the nut mix back in pan and add the cacao powder. Toss for a few minutes on medium heat till the sugar slightly caramelises and binds the cacao to the nuts. Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix with the rice flakes and store in airtight box for upto two weeks.
Tip: This cereal tastes great with cold milk or just on its own. If you like a little more texture, add chopped dates in the end and store.