Amaranth Greens and Eggs
- 50gms Diced Yellow Pepper
- 1 bunch Amaranth Greens/Thotakura
- 1 Free-Range Egg
- 2 tsp lemon Juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Toss the yellow pepper in the lemon juice, sugar, a tsp of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper and set aside. The mix will release a delicious liquid which can be spooned over the greens.
- Remove the stems of the Amaranth greens and set aside. If the stems are soft, you can leave those on to add a little more bite to the dish.
- Heat your skillet and add the oil. I like my Eggs a little runny so I don’t let the pan overheat. Cover briefly with a lid to allow the yolk to cook.
- Remove lid and leave for a minute of so, until the whites are set and remove from skillet
- Toss the greens into the same skillet and return to heat. Add a dash of salt and Pepper and turn for just under a minute and plate.
- Top with the diced Pepper mix and spoon over some of the discarded liquid and garnish with Sunflower seeds.
Enjoy this easy and wholesome breakfast, with a local favourite green and our Fermented Chilli sauce.